Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inspirations from Mexico

At the end of blogging my Mexico adventure series I have to take a minute and reflect on the trip that inspired the 40 adventures in celebration of 40 years.

A few months ago I went on a trip to the Yukatan Peninsula with Todd and a few friends. The place was everything I crave in an adventure -- beautiful scenery, new experiences, thrills, good food, intense colors, great friends, belly laughs, and an excitment that perculates deep in the gut of my soul. It left me with a desire to engage in activities that once filled my days and encouraged an active, lively, and spirited existence.

As I pondered on my 40 years, I thought what a better way to celebrate a great life filled with many diverse experiences than to dive in and fill it up with 40 new adventures that either I've always wanted to do or that reflect cherished memories of my past. 

So, thank you Mexico for inspiring me, thank you Dawn and Jason for sharing the experience, thank you Clint and Jeni for providing the conduit to my inspiration, and thank you Todd for supporting, loving, and encouraging me.

We Heart Mexico!
Here is to the adventures I've completed and to the adventures yet to come and here is to the many great friends and family members willing to share them with me.

Watch the slideshow highlighting a few photos from this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment