Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adventure #12: Flag Day Bike Parade

I loved decorating my bike with crate paper and streamers for the neighborhood bike parade when we lived on Camelot Drive. Unfortunately, this is not a tradition I have shared with my kids... until this year.

On June 14, we celebrated Flag Day by having the neighborhood kids decorate their bikes at our house.
I painted flags on their cheeks, because face paint makes any occasion seem more festive.


And, away we went weaving through the streets of the neighborhood, stopping at the giant flag flying in front of the Bird's house, just in time for otter pops.

Sorry, this video slide show is long, but the kids were so cute, I couldn't leave any out.


The parade was short and sweet, but a great adventure because it made me smile to share a childhood memory with my own kids as well as those who live around us. Love my neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment