Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Adventure #14: Mountain Biking in the Tetons

What do you get when you mix dirt, rocks, mud, snow, and blood? 
 Tonya mountain biking in the Tetons with a big smile!

I've forgotten how much I like to mountain bike. The last time I headed down a hill to dodge boulders was nearly 20 years ago. With a spread of yellow wild flowers and lush green mountain sides as well as the sound of a swift flowing river and the smell of clean air, I couldn't have found a more beautiful place to pick up the habit again. It was exilerating and I loved the feel of the wind on my face and the challenge of dodging rocks on the path down.

Even the big boys had to walk their bikes down part of the path :)

I couldn't get through my 40 adventures without a bruise or injury and still hold my head up high in the end. Thanks to mountain biking in the Tetons I now have a souvenire to show.
This is nothing compaired to the bruising on my hips, 
but I'll spare you and just show off the elbow.

Thanks to the  high regard of all the biking crew, I made it the rest of the way safe and sound. Thanks for the crustible, Ken. I had fun biking with you all. Let's do it again sometime.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome bike trip! You are so tough to keep riding after you ripped your arm to pieces. So cool!

    ReplyDelete