Sunday, June 26, 2011

mini Adventure #18: J Dawgs

For years I've been hearing about the great J Dawgs next to BYU campus, but I've never tried it because, I have to admit, I'm not a huge hotdog fan. I do like them cooked over a fire until the skin starts to blacken a little, and I have eaten the occasional Costco dog when I'm desperate, but I can't say I would seek out a hotdog. So, it is funny that I am dedicating one of my adventures to eating a "DAWG." But this is more than a hot dog it is a legendary J Dawg, a Provo original. The best part is that I got to share the experience with Melba and Justin!

Justin, Melba, me
A BYU student started JDawgs in a little red booth on the corner of campus. It has grown so much that now they are in the building next to the booth and the line still frequently goes out the door. If you are ever around BYU it is worth a try -- make sure and get J Dawg's special sauce for some extra sass and don't forget a pile of napkins. 

2 comments:

  1. The guy that started J Dawgs lives in my ward. He is such a cool humble guy!

    ReplyDelete