Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventure #27: Riding a Zip Line Over the Jungle

view from one zip tower to the next
I've heard of these amazing zip lines that go over the jungle floor, and always thought how fun it would be to zoom through the air while a world of exotic creatures were stirring  below. I got my wish and rode not just one zip line over the jungle, but 13 different zip lines for a mile and a half at Xplor adventure and water park, some even zooming you through a waterfall and landing in a pool of water. Yahoooooo!

That's me flying in for a landing on my first run of the day.
Another highlight of the day was meeting Erik Estrada (or maybe it was his son), who yes, I did have a small crush on when I was kid watching the original episodes of "Chips."  He got to check my harness connections and then asked me, "So, do you want to go fast?" After I nervously giggled out a "y-e-s," he flashed his big white teeth and sent me sailing away with a thumbs up as I faded in the reflection of his giant chips sunglasses.


In addition to the zip lines, we were able to drive an amphibious vehicle, raft through underground tunnels, and swim through the stalactite river. All in all, a fabulous adventure that we enjoyed with great friends.
Me driving in the second car as we came out of a tunnel. Dawn and Jason blazing the trail.
Me and Jeni at the heart of the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment