Monday, June 6, 2011

Adventure #2: Did Ja' Light Fireworks

Like any great event, you have to start off with a bang, so we are lighting some fireworks -- and not the little pansy poppers; no, I've never set off a pop in the sky, shower you with color one until now.






 I have fond memories of my childhood Fourth of July fireworks. Partly because it was close to my birthday so it felt a little like everyone was kicking of my birthday celebration with me. But also because we made a special trip down to Nephi to be with Grandma Alice and Aunt Norma. After a long day of old fashioned celebrations at the park, we would lay out our blankets and watch as fireworks exploded directly above us. I loved the thrill of the loud bang and the  following shower of color. While the firework I lit wasn't as big as those from my childhood, it still sparked big memories and a feeling of big excitement for things to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment