Wednesday, June 8, 2011

mini Adventure # 4 Did Ja' Take a Walk and Enjoy the Sounds of Kids in the Summer

Although this wasn't part of my plan, I took a little mini adventure today. After dropping my kids off for tennis this morning, I took a walk by myself up toward the hills of Mapleton. I know not very exciting for those of you who walk every day, but it was a treat for me. I just wanted to soak it all in! It felt good to breath the fresh air and look out over fields and fields of green while crickets and birds sang along. Yes, it was my very own little "Enchanted" moment, just without the rats, thank goodness. What a great way to start out the day.

Afterward, I loved hearing the sounds of summer that make me smile as the kids got out the hose and set water down the slide. Neighbors came running over and they all giggled, screamed, and laughed as they got soaked from head to toe. I think I enjoy hearing their noise so much because it reminds me of the good feelings of childhood summers and the shear joy of just being alive. That is what summer should be, so soak it up little ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment