Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adventure #13: Road Trip

Tips for a successful road trip:

1. Good company: I had the privilege of riding with several passengers who leave you belly laughing; not to mention the bonus of riding with a future stand-up comedian. "What about those gorillas?"


2. Good conversation I can't mention in too much detail because we might have been talking about you:) teasing.


3. Good music: You can't go wrong with nostalgic 80s. Okay, you can actually go really wrong, but with a good dj at the controls, we were dancing in our seats. And, Paul Simon is always a good choice for traveling music.

4. Good snacks: I enjoyed the licorice, but my favorite were the "food games." Leave it to a high school teacher to find a way to entertain you with food (I say that with great awe).

5. Enough gas: After stopping for dinner at a Mexican restraunt, we had more than enough to get us to the cabin.

6. Interesting landmarks: The best ones are the landmarks that give you a flavor of the area's culture, a city's claim to fame, or local festival. 
Really?!?

World's Largest Elk Horn Arch and me
standing in the middle right under it.








7. Good destination: We landed in "God's Country" up in Wyoming near Jackson where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope lay.

    With seven out of seven, I have to say this road trip gets high marks! Sign me up to do it again!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment