Monday, July 4, 2011

Adventure #29: Olympic Bobsled Run

When I was a kid I always liked to sit in front of the TV with a big cup of hot chocolate and mini marshmallows to watch the ice skating events of the Winter Olympics. But, the event I thought I would do if I were ever in the Olympics was the bobsled. Yes, I wanted to go FAST and feel the wind. I wanted to feel my stomach lurch as I flew up the side of the wall around every curve. I remember the Jamaican bobsled team and thought if they could do it with no snow, why couldn't I when I have the "Greatest Snow on Earth" in my backyard.

I obviously never made it to the Olympics, as a matter of fact I've never even sat in a bobsled. That was until now.....

Yea! That is me in the back with Clint and Jeni. The back is supposed to the craziest ride with the most bumps.
We completed the one mile course with 18 turns and 4Gs in one minute and six seconds. One of the fastest times for that week!



When you start out they tell you to shrug your shoulders to minimize the neck and head shake... I never knew that. I'll keep it in mind the next time I ride a roller coaster since they seem to totally attack my neck and shoulders in my old age. It worked too, because I was fine at the end. Too bad they don't have a trick for rattled brains as your head jiggles in your helmet -- a lot.

No one on the couch for today's bobsled run.

2 comments:

  1. Recently I have stumbled upon a curious article providing the analysis, conducted by nutrition scientists, on which elements are essential for keeping great shape and how they work - http://bit.ly/Qh9G8S. They also write a lot about pre-workout and post-workout nutrition. Very interesting information for all athletes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour! Je suis un footballeur professionel! J’utilise beaucoup des différents supplément nutritionnels. Il y a quelques mois j’ai essayé une ligne des produits qui améliorent la performance (For Elite Champions – Military Grade). Vous pouvez certainement ressentir une augmentation des performances. La pompe est plus facile à acquérir! Ce truc fonctionne!!!

    ReplyDelete