Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Adventure #31: Quicksilver Alpine Slide

Squirrel Crossing
The last time I rode an alpine slide, I was traumatized because a cute little squirrel jumped onto the track just as I rounded a corner going as fast as I could. I saw his bright little eyes just before... SMACK. I ran him over. Screaming, I looked back as he rolled over and over and then luckily scampered off. Whew, at least I didn't kill the poor thing. For all I know, he was either participating in a squirrel initiation tradition or he was an adrenaline junky catching a few thrills with the rest of us.
I'm happy to report, no squirrels on this trip down. I think it helps that the Quicksilver slide is made out of steel so it gets too hot to entice little creatures to join in the adventure.
The birthday girl was my co-pilot and we had a good time zooming along the scenic ride overlooking the valley. Thanks kiddo, for sharing your birthday adventure with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment