Friday, July 8, 2011

Adventure #39: Rock Climbing

In college, I had a fun group of friends that I would go rock climbing with on Saturday mornings. I thought we were so cool as we scaled rock canyon, which I'm sure is probably one of the easiest rated climbs -- but we thought we were tough at the time.

There is such a thrill and sense of accomplishments when you are hanging from a ledge by your fingertips and finally make it to the top. Yeah baby!

Although it has been 19 years since those grand adventures with Cortney, John, Chris, Joanne, and Teresa, I had to see if I could still haul my 40 year old (almost) body up the side of a rock. So, I called upon the experts, my brother Curtis and his wife Liz, to come hang at the Quarry in Provo with me.








Even though Curt is pretty awesome and Liz is, well, spiderwoman, I think Elli and Eddie pretty much kicked our trash.







It was a fun night, but I have to admit, my arms were pretty much rubber by the end. I know you are supposed to push yourself up with your legs rather than pull with your arms, but I guess I have to learn the hard way by killing myself. Thanks Curt and Liz for a fab adventure; it was great because you shared it with me!

Before watching this video, please note I am not a complete whimp! Even if I look like it, hold your judgement because it is important to know that you can't just pick any hand/foot hold. No, each one is marked with a color and you have to stay on the color you chose at the beginning to follow a course based on level of challenge.



I wish I could say this one was me, but no, it is Liz that rocks the wall.



Curt showed us all up by scaling this wall in just barely over a minute. Show off!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Tonya! I'm so glad to see you are still living life to the fullest!!

    ReplyDelete