Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Adventure #32: Ride a Mechanical Bull

Yeehaw, you got it cowgirl; it's on to the rodeo next. 

We headed up the canyon on the Fourth of July to Snowbird where people were enjoying the last day of skiing and snowboarding. How crazy is that? I've never heard of skiing on the Fourth of July before. We passed one group carrying their snowboards in one hand and super soaker water guns in the other. 

In addition to all the skiiers, we saw a moose drinking from a pond next to the parking lot.

While wrapped in blankets and jackets (another 4th of July first), we found a large patch of snow next to the river to jump on.







Finally, after several mini adventures on the way up, we reached the mechanical bull. I have to admit, as we approached I was a little disappointed. It looked so easy, like a kiddy ride at Lagoon. But then..... ummm, when you get on and it gets a moving, well let's just say it is harder than it looks.




I had fun trying to be a cowgirl for a minute. I'll appreciate those bull riders so much more the next time I go to a rodeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment