Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Adventure #36: laser tagging

back row: John, Mike, Stacie, Tonya, Sofia, Liberty, Angelina, Tracy; front row: Amelia, Alton, Sicily 
A few years ago my friend Kathy and I hopped into a laser tag place with our kids for a quick 15 minute session. We both had little ones hanging on our legs at the time that we were going in to help. However, as soon as the music began, our blood started pumping and the competitive vibe bit us. By the end we were running around flinging our crying kids on one hip while dragging another kid from our belt loops, laughing as we shot the competition. Once the music stopped, we realized that we were probably caught up in the moment a little too much; so, we lifted the hanging kid off the ground and wiped the tears off the littlest faces, smoothed down our ruffled feathers and calmly walked out as though we were responsible parents.

Since that experience, I have to admit I've been a little jealous every time I've dropped my older kids off to laser tag. I secretly have wanted to invite myself in to play too, but figure I embarrass them enough as it is. I'm sure they are thankful for my discretion.

Using my 40 adventures as an excuse I have finally made it back into the ring. And, I'm happy to report that I was ranked number 1 after the first round:), but fell to number 8 in the second round.Which just means I need to do it again and get that second ranking back up there.



No comments:

Post a Comment